I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, be it because you’re celebrating Halloween (PUMPKIN TIME!!) or because you’ve locked yourself indoor with your videogames and bought the supplies to last you. I’m playing Fable III (obviously) but also some Medieval Total War II and Game Dev Studio on my iPhone. Yesterday I made an amazing vanilla custard pudding. Anyway, I’m drifting off…
So Fable III has been out a week / couple of days now (depending on where you live) and hopefully you’re having a blast with it! Our forums have been on fire since the last week; the posting of reviews, reactions and impressions, other folk are looking for hints and tips (I’ve spend the whole day searching for gold keys today, already have 3!) and of course as with any videogame there are some people with technical issues. That’s bound to happen of course with a game the size of Fable, our poor testers worked flat out but if something slips through the nets, then don’t panic!
We’ve set up this reporting page where you can fill out a short form with a description of your problem. Please be aware we are monitoring this on a daily basis and the test, development and community teams meet on a regular basis to try and repro issues that come up, so the development team can fix it for the next update we’ll release. There is no ETA on this, seeing as the process of game development is a slow, long and lonely one, so please bear with us. I hope to be able to update you in the near future. If you do experience a corrupt save game and there is no work around, then all I can personally recommend you do is start a new game and apologize for any stress this might cause. We really do feel for you if this happens! UPDATE 03/11/2010 There is now an update on the ETA here.
Please don’t spam the forums with issues you’ve encountered, if you fill in a form it will get looked at! Also some things aren’t “bugs” or “glitches” so don’t presume automatically something is wrong.
Other people have been asking about Kingmaker gold (or why they currently can’t log in to their Kingmaker account), so some tips and updates on that as well.
- First of all, we’re aware that the Kingmaker App is currently not allowing players to log-in. This SHOULD NOT affect your ability to transfer any Gold you have previously earned in Kingmaker. We are working feverishly on this issue and it should be fixed soon.
- Ensure you have linked your Xbox LIVE account to your Kingmaker account. Go to www.Fable3Kingmaker.com, log in with your Kingmaker username and password, then click the ‘Profile’ link on the left hand side (under your coat of arms). Then select ‘Link my Fable III: Kingmaker account to my Windows LIVE account’.
- Once you’re sure your accounts are linked, start playing Fable III. You will not receive your Kingmaker Gold until you have played a little while into the main game – specifically (mild spoiler warning), you will need to have defeated Saker in the Mercenary camp and returned to Brightwall, then met up with Sir Walter in the pub again.
- At this point Jasper will call you back to the Sanctuary to explain how you can help villagers. It’s at this point that you should see a gift waiting for you on the gift pedestal (to the left of the Sanctuary, right next to your dog’s basket).
- Approach the gift (which should say that it’s from Lionhead) and press A to receive it – the Gold will then transfer into your in-game account!
- If you do not see the gift at this point try continuing until you are back in Brightwall, then press Start agai to return to the Sanctuary and look for the gift again.
- Next – get out there and spend all your lovely Gold!
- Once we have the Kingmaker app allowing log-ins again you will be able to continue earning Gold in Kingmaker until January 1st and it will transfer to your Fable III game every Monday. Again, you will see the Gold appear as a gift in the Sanctuary.
We truly hope that helps you get your hard-earned Gold. We’re working hard to get the Kingmaker App up and running again and once it is you will be able to continue earning Gold by planting flags and finding treasure.
Thanks for your patience and for supporting Fable III and Kingmaker!